- Shamir, U. and Armon, D. (1975) “Statistics for Civil Engineers”, 2nd Edition (in Hebrew), Michlol Publishing, Technion, 190 p.
- Shamir, U. (1975) “Systems Analysis“, 3d Edition (in Hebrew), Michlol Publishing, Technion, 245 p.
- Shamir, U., Bear, J., Arad, N., Gal-Noor, Y., Selbst, N. and Vardi, Y. (1985) “Water Policy for Israel“, Samuel Neaman Institute for Advanced Studies in Science and Technology, Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, 299 p. (Hebrew with English Summary)
- Antsey, T.H. and Shamir, U. (Eds.) (1985) “Irrigation and Water Allocation”, IAHS Publication No. 169, 245 p.
- Shamir, U. (1986) “Management of Israel’s Water Resources”, a case study included in “The Process of Water Resources Planning: The Systems Approach”, Ed. by Y.Y. Haimes, J. Kindler and E.J. Plate, UNESCO.
- Loucks, D.P. and Shamir, U. (Eds.) (1989) “Systems Analysis for Water Resources Management: Closing the Gap between Theory and Practice”, IAHS Publication No. 180, 304 p.
- Shamir, U., and D. P. Loucks (1989) “Systems analysis”, Eos Trans. AGU, 70(38), p. 842.
- Shamir, U. and Chen, J. (Eds.) (1990) “The Hydrological Basis for Water Resources Management”, IAHS Publication No. 197, 502 p.
- Yunger, M., Carmon, N. and Shamir, U. (1993) “Who Benefits from Israel’s Water Resources? A Comparative Study of Kibbutzim and Moshavim” (in Hebrew), The Center for Urban and Regional Studies, The Technion Research and Development Foundation, 161 p.
- Meiron-Pistiner, S., Carmon, N. and Shamir, U. (1996) “Water-Sensitive Urban Development: Towards Planning Guidelines”, The Center for Urban and Regional Studies, The Technion Research and Development Foundation, 120 p. & Appendices
- Shamir, U. (1997) “Sustainable Water Management”, Paper prepared for the Alfred Wegener Institute – Secretariat of the German Advisory Council on Global Change (WBGU).
- Andreu, J., Bogardi, J.J., Haimes, Y.Y., Kaden, S., Loucks, D.P., Kindler, J., Nachtnebel, H.-P., Plate, E., Simonovic, S.P., Shamir, U. and Todini, E. (1998) “Sustainability Criteria for Water Resources Systems”, Working Group of the UNESCO/IHP IV Project M-4.3, published by the American Society of Civil Engineers, 253 p.
- Shamir, U. (1998) “Science and the Management of Water”, World Science Report 1998, UNESCO, pp. 260-271.
- Shamir, U. (1998) “Water Agreements Between Israel and Its Neighbors” in “Transformations of Middle Eastern Natural Environments: Legacies and Lessons, Ed. By J. Albert, M. Bernhardson & R. Kenna, Number 103, Bulletin Series, Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, pp. 274-296.
- Shamir, U. (2001) “Negotiating Over Water: Proceedings of the Haifa Workshop 1997”, Technical Documents in Hydrology, No. 53, UNESCO IHP-V, Paris, 197 p.
- Katz, S., Burmil, S., Carmon, N. and Shamir U. (2001) “Water Sensitive Urban Planning: Infiltration of Rainfall by Design of Yards: A Handbook for Architects, Landscape Architects, Environmental Planners and Drainage Engineers” (in Hebrew). Technion Center for Urban and Regional Studies, 160 p.+ Appendices
- Shamir, U. (2002) “Commentary on Munther Haddadin’s Diplomacy on the Jordan: International Conflict and Negotiated Resolution”, Natural Resources Forum, United Nations, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 75-78.
Haddadin, MJ., “Response to commentary by Uri Shamir in Vol 26:1, February 2002“, Natural Resources Forum, United Nations, Vol. 26, pp. 254-255.
- Rubin, H., Nachtnebel, P., Furst, J. and Shamir, U. (Eds.) (2002) “Water Resources Quality: Preserving the Quality of our Water Resources”, Springer-Verlag, 433 p.
- Shamir, U. (2003) “Risk and Sustainability in Water Resources Management”, in NATO Science Series Volume: “Risk Science and Sustainability: Science for Risk Reduction and Sustainable Development of Society”, T. Beer and A. Ismail-Zadeh (Eds.), Kluwer.
- Shamir, U. (2003), “Sustainable Management of Water Resources”, in: Transition to Sustainability in the 21st Century – The Contribution of Science and Technology, InterAcademy Panel on International Issues, The National Academies Press, Washington DC
- Burmil, S., Shamir, U. and Carmon, N. (2003) “Urban Runoff in Residential Neighborhoods” (in Hebrew), Center for Regional Studies and the Grand Water Research Institute, Technion, 120 p.
- Shamir, U. (2003) “Review and Evaluation of Certain Aspects of the Spanish National Hydrological Plan (NHP)”. Languages: English / Spanish
- Watson, R., Buttimer, A., Cropper, A., Lang, I., McBean, G., McCarthy, J., Shamir, U., Tickell, C. amd Wandiga, S. (2003) “Report of the Assessment Panel on the Environment and its Relation to Sustainable Development”, International Council of Science (ICSU).
- Burmil, S., Shamir, U. and Carmon, N. (2003) “Urban Runoff in Residential Neighborhoods” (in Hebrew). Center for Urban and Regional Studies and The Grand Water Research Institute. 118 p.
- Adlen, S., Oki, T., Sanchez, L., Yoshizawa, K., Brodsky, E. E., Ridley, A.J., Simionato, C. and Shamir, U. (2003) “Geoscience: The Future”,
Final Report of the IUGG Working Group Geoscience: The Future
Article in EOS magazine, Vol. 85, No. 3, January 2004
- Carmon, N., Shamir, U. and Be’eri, S. (2005) “Water Demand Management in the Urban Sector: A Feasibility Study” (in Hebrew), Center for Regional Studies and the Grand Water Research Institute, Technion, 272 p.
- Shamir, U. and Carmon, N. (2007) “Water Sensitive Planning: Incorporating Water Considerations into Urban and Regional Planning” (in Hebrew). The Grand Water Research Institute and The Center for Urban and Regional Studies, 282 p.
- Shamir, U. (2009) “Water is a source of cooperation rather than war”, Nature 459, 31 doi:10.1038/459031c
- “Long-Term Master Plan for the National Water Sector“, Policy Document, Approved at the 68th meeting of the Council of the Government Water and Sewage Authority, Held on July 4 2011
- Shamir, U. and Howard, C.D.D. (2012) “Water Management in 2050”, Chapter 4 in “Towards a Sustainable Water Future: Visions for 2050”, Ed. By Grayman, W.M., Loucks, D.P. & Saito, L. , ASCE.
- “Long-Term Master Plan for the National Water Sector“, Policy Document, Approved at the 68th meeting of the Council of the Government Water and Sewage Authority, August 2012, 4th edition (Hebrew version)
- Shamir U. (2013) “Water Sector Management Under Uncertainty“, Water Engineering – The Israeli Water Magazine (88), pp. 12-16. (Hebrew)
- Chair (since 2007) of the Technical Advisory Committee of the World Water Assessment Programme which publishes the World Water Development Reports: http://www.unwater.org/publications/world-water-development-report/en/
“Water in a Changing World”, 2009
“Managing Water Under Uncertainty and Risk”, 2012
“Water and Energy”, 2014
“Water for a Sustainable World”, 2015
“Water and Jobs”, 2016
“Wastewater: The Untapped Resource”, 2017
“Nature Based Solutions for Water”, 2018